Flash Prayers

Sunday, September 12, 2010


In his book, Prayer, the Mightiest Power in the World, Frank Lauback, wrote that he had a habit of “shooting” prayers at people as he passed them. He called them “flash prayers” and bombarded passers-by with prayers of love and good will. He proudly swished love and prayers all over the place. These flash prayers send out positive power and good will that passes between human beings.

Our brains have 2 billion little storage batteries providing us a huge capacity to send out good thoughts and prayers. Our bodies have thousands of little sending and receiving stations to handle all the prayers that are transmitted throughout the day.

Consider shooting these Flash Prayers by Norman Vincent Peale as you encounter people throughout the day.

When someone on the street looks tired or sorrowful:
God, put your hand on that person and lift their spirit. Comfort them in whatever makes them sad.

When unexpected bad news hits:
Lord, help me to take this. Help me to meet it with dignity and courage. Don’t let my faith sag. Lord, I need you now. Be with me.

When you’re feeling stressed:
God, don’t let me get too frazzled. Keep me calm and doing one thing at a time. I feel your presence. Thank you.

When you read about a family that has suffered a tragedy:
God, with your great love bring comfort and peace to that sad family.

When someone is frustrating you:
God, give me self-control. Don’t let me say anything I will regret later. Also, keep me from looking like I am fighting for control. Help me to say the right thing now.

And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints. Ephesians 6:18

2 comments:

Johanna Mahnke said...

Hello! I am an United Methodist Christian Educator as well (Janesville, WI) and was looking for resources on flash prayers today. I found this post ad it is more than I was looking for! Absolutely perfect. Thank you!! Blessings ~Johanna

phylis said...

How do I subscribe to your blog? I saw the link on a friend's facebook page and I love what I've read to far. Would really like to receive your blog in my email.
Thank You!
Phylis Ledesma

 
Leading Forward - by Templates para novo blogger