Blessing Tree

Monday, December 24, 2012


Christmas is a wonderful time to remind ourselves of all the blessings in our lives. I am abundantly blessed.


I am blessed to have faith in a Savior who was born on earth, lived as a man, died, was buried, and then resurrected to give me eternal life.

I am blessed by a family who is as close as a family can be. We love each other and like to spend time together. We laugh and play and eat and worship together.

I am blessed with friends who are kind and fun and loyal.

My faith and family and friends are my greatest treasures in life.

For my blessing tree this year, I have asked every guest in my home during the holiday to write down a blessing they have received and add it to my blessing garland. The red, white, and green garland is the perfect accent for the tree that holds my special ornaments made and collected over the years. The tree is filled with memories of my children and holds their handcrafted decorations and pictures. By hosting several holiday events, my tree reflects many blessings: family, health, grandchildren, faith, friends. It is heartwarming to read blessing after blessing. I didn’t read one blessing that referred to anything materialistic. Each person took time to give thanks to God for his goodness.

As we look ahead to 2013 let’s continue to thank God for his goodness and claim the promises of Scripture. God wants to bless us abundantly. We are not promised financial prosperity, but God promises us spiritual blessings of peace, love, joy, forgiveness that exceed any financial blessing we can imagine.

LORD Almighty, blessed is the one who trusts in you. (Psalm 84:12)

 Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, who walk in the light of your presence, LORD (Psalm 89:15)

Blessed are those who fear the LORD,
who find great delight in his commands.
Their children will be mighty in the land;
the generation of the upright will be blessed.
Wealth and riches are in their houses,
and their righteousness endures forever. (Psalm 112:1-3)

But blessed is the one who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him.
They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream.
It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green.
It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit. (Jeremiah 17:7-8)

Choose to focus on God’s blessings!

0 comments:

 
Leading Forward - by Templates para novo blogger